TOYOCOM & OBD1FANA replacement for the OBD1READ is brewing since a fairly long time and is now into beta testing.
The new device is meant to replace the earlier OBD1READ 22p and bare. it allows to get the same toyota obd1 data stream and more. offered with the plug and play connector only, it aims to use every wire available in the cable.depending on the particular car, those diagnosis box contacts may already be populated by other systems, in which case I suggest thinking carefully if you want to modify the diagnosis box pinout or grow one exclusively for usage of TOYOCOM.
|only connections present in the plug and play cable.|
Externally the new tool remains nearly the same ,retaining it's blue clear case. a yellow led was added to let the user know when the obd1 data stream sent by the ECU is received correctly by the tool. This feature allows for better troubleshooting.
TOYOCOM & OBD1FAN devices are compatible with the already existing TOYOBD1 application and basic usage is similar to the OBD1READ. TOYOBD1 on google play
the OBD1FAN variant which additionally allows radiator fan control .
Pre-production TOYOCOM Features
- Ligth up a yellow led when the obd1 data stream is active and properly received by the tool.
- activate/deactivate the obd1 data stream from the android application
- read the obd1 data stream when active , sending each field directly. this improvement over the OBD1READ allows to see the data on the screen when it is fresh instead of 1.3s later.
- activate/deactivate ECU error code output
- read the ECU error codes and display them in the android app with a textual meaning
- lock ignition timing when conditions are met, allowing to adjust base ignition timing if applicable
- read battery voltage 10 times per second
- read 1x 0-20v analog signal 10 times per second
- *read up to 2x 0-1000hz frequency signals 5 times per second
- *read up to 4x 0-5v analog signals 10 times per second
|0-20v analog inputs into TOYOCOM|
0-20V analog inputs suggestion
*some inputs can do both frequency or analog inputs depending on configuration in the android application
Pre-production OBD1FAN Features
- everything TOYOCOM does
- control radiator fan relays according to readings either from the obd1 stream or direct sensor readings
- warn the user of an overheating or malfunctionning fan condition through dashboard light bulb
|preliminary OBD1FAN wiring diagram|
New use cases handled by the new tool
- Allows to directly read sensors we could not get information from in the obd1 data stream.
- Allows to directly read sensors that you added, oil pressure, fuel pressure, etc
- Allows to use on earlier toyota EFI cars with direct readings. giving partial support into TOYOBD1
- Read ECU error codes.
OBD1FAN fan control features
- Allow to specify the Fans activation and deactivation temperatures
- Allow to control fan activity from obd1 data stream or direct sensor readings for earlier cars
- Allow to engage fans in a preemptive mode meant for traffic jam and track usage.
- Allow to disengage fans below a set voltage,( helpful in winter cold starts or alternator failure)
- Allow to warn the driver of an overheating condition past a set temperature